×

Кавказский узел

Скачайте приложение — работает без VPN!
Скачать Скачать
12:56, 21 February 2026

A contract soldier from the Volgograd region was killed in Ukraine.

Viktor Zhuravlev from the Nekhaevsky district was killed in a military operation in Ukraine. Since the beginning of the military operation, at least 1,689 soldiers from the Volgograd Region have been officially recognized as killed in it.

As reported by the "Caucasian Knot," by February 19, at least 1,688 soldiers from the Volgograd Region were officially recognized as killed in the military operation in Ukraine.

Viktor Zhuravlev from the Nekhaevsky District was killed in the military operation, according to the publication "Volgogradskaya Pravda.ru," whose founders include the Volgograd Region Administration and the Regional Committee for Territorial Entities, Internal and Information Policy.

According to the branch of the Federal State Budgetary Institution "Rosselkhoztsentr," where Zhuravlev worked as an agronomist before leaving for the North Caucasus Military District, he served as an artilleryman and was killed on May 26, 2025, in a drone attack. The body of the deceased was unable to be delivered to his relatives for burial for a long time, the publication states.

The death of a fighter from the Nekhaevsky district was previously reported in January 2025. At that time, authorities reported that Ivan Igolkin had been killed in a military operation.

He said he wanted to be buried in the Nekhaevsky district, in his home village.

A farewell ceremony for the 42-year-old fighter took place in the Nekhaevsky district, the Vysota 102 agency reported. "Viktor said that if something were to happen to him, he wanted to be buried in the Nekhaevsky district, in his native village of Upornikovskaya. His parents are there. He worked as an agronomist in the Nekhaevsky district, and since 2015, in Volgograd, where we all moved," Marina Zhuravleva, the victim's wife, told the agency.

06:58 21.02.2026
The number of fighters from southern Russia killed in Ukraine has exceeded 8,700
At least 4,271 fighters from the North Caucasus Federal District and 4,431 from the Southern Federal District have been officially recognized as killed in the military operation in Ukraine.

According to the woman, her husband volunteered for the North Caucasus Military District in November 2023. She learned of his death the following day, May 27, 2025. "Our drone filmed Viktor and his comrade-in-arms, call sign 'Ficus,' lying there on the battlefield. But they couldn't immediately retrieve the bodies," the agency quoted her as saying.

Thus, at least 1,689 soldiers from the Volgograd region have been officially recognized as killed in the military operation.

The "Caucasian Knot" maintains a list of names of natives of the North Caucasus and Southern Federal Districts killed in the military operation. The list was compiled based on data officially released by government officials and security agencies, according to the "Caucasian Knot" report "NVO Statistics: Casualties Mounting in Southern Russia."

State awards, memorial plaques, and appearances on Channel One do not guarantee state support for the families of those killed, according to the "Caucasian Knot" report "Three Comrades Served: How Authorities Are Denying Benefits to Families of Killed Volunteers," which describes the stories of the slain soldiers. "He has two Orders of Courage. But no official honors have been bestowed upon his family," a relative of one of the slain soldiers said.

Translated automatically via Google translate from https://www.kavkaz-uzel.eu/articles/421000

Know more? Do not be silent!
Send a message, photo or video to the "Caucasian Knot" via messengers
Photos and videos for publication must be sent via Telegram, using the «File» option, or via WhatsApp - using the «Document» option. The buttons work if Telegram and WhatsApp are installed. The contact number for Telegram and WhatsApp is +49 1577 2317856.
LEGAL TEXTS
The illustration was created by the Caucasian Knot using AI The peace agreement between Armenia and Azerbaijan, as well as other documents signed at the meeting with Trump on August 8, 2025

The “Caucasian Knot" publishes the agreement on the establishment of peace and interstate relations between Azerbaijan and Armenia, which was initialed by Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev on August 8, 2025, through the mediation of US President Donald Trump. The meeting of Trump, Aliyev and Pashinyan took place on August 8 in Washington. Following the meeting, Pashinyan and Aliyev also signed a joint declaration. In addition to the agreements between Armenia and Azerbaijan, Trump signed a number of separate memoranda with Aliyev and Pashinyan....

Personalities
Zelimkhan Khangoshvili. Photo courtesy of press service of HRC 'Memorial', http://memohrc.org/ Zelimkhan Khangoshvili

A participant of the second Chechen military campaign, one of the field commanders close to Shamil Basaev and Aslan Maskhadov. Shot dead in Berlin in 2019.

Magomed Daudov. Photo: screenshot of the video http://video.agaclip.com/w=atDtPvLYH9o Magomed Daudov

Magomed "Lord" Daudov is a former Chechen militant who was awarded the title of "Hero of Russia", the chairman of the Chechen parliament under Ramzan Kadyrov.

Tumso Abdurakhmanov. Screenshot from video posted by Abu-Saddam Shishani [LIVE] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIR3s7AB0Uw Tumso Abdurakhmanov

Tumso Abdurakhmanov is a blogger from Chechnya. After a conflict with Ramzan Kadyrov's relative, he left the republic and went first to Georgia, and then to Poland, where he is trying to get political asylum.