×

Кавказский узел

Скачайте приложение — работает без VPN!
Скачать Скачать
08:31, 20 February 2026

The court arrested journalist Kiladze in connection with the fraudulent call center case.

The Tbilisi City Court has ordered pretrial detention for Eliso Kiladze, editor-in-chief of the publications "Khronika Plus" and "CNews," as well as five other defendants in the case of fraudulent call centers operating in Georgia under the auspices of former Prosecutor General Otar Partskhaladze and former head of the State Security Service Grigol Liluashvili.

As reported by "Caucasian Knot," on February 18, journalist Eliso Kiladze was detained in the call center case in which former Georgian Prosecutor Otar Partskhaladze is charged. According to the prosecutor's office, the fraudulently obtained funds were used to finance opposition media outlets.

According to the prosecutor's office, all defendants participated in the operation of call centers that, between 2020 and 2023, defrauded more than 200 citizens of Austria, Switzerland, and Germany through investment platforms and cryptocurrency. The total damage is estimated at $9.5 million. The illegal proceeds were used for salaries, bonuses, and the purchase of property, according to NewsGeorgia.

The investigation alleges that Kiladze facilitated the "legalization" of the call centers' activities through media publications, identified competing centers, and participated in the recruitment of employees through blackmail. According to the prosecutor's office, the remaining members of the group ensured the operation of the centers, provided protection from law enforcement, and controlled their finances.

The court hearing was held behind closed doors. The lawyers were required to sign a non-disclosure agreement. The prosecutor's office explained this as necessary to protect witnesses and victims.

The journalist denied any involvement in the criminal group and attributed her arrest to her professional activities. She emphasized that she had no intention of making a plea bargain or admitting guilt, as her reputation was at stake. According to her, the charges relate solely to her journalistic work, including coverage of competing call centers and the murder of Jangveladze.

"I am not going to make any plea bargains or plead guilty," the detained Eliso Kiladze said in court.

Still of the arrest of journalist Eliso Kiladze in the case of fraudulent call centers in Tbilisi. Photo: TV Pirveli/ https://tvpirveli.ge/ka/siaxleebi/sazogadoeba/121715-eliso-kiladze-aranair-saprotseso-garigebaze-tsasvlas-da-bralis-agiarebas-ar

Kiladze testified in court that she was detained as a "crime boss" – with the use of special forces and force. She also emphasized the absurdity of the accusation, claiming that she personally became a victim of revenge by the head of the State Security Service, Mamuka Mdinaradze. The journalist protested the decision to close the court hearing.

"I don't agree with the closing of the hearing; I want publicity," the journalist said in court.

Ten people were charged in this case on February 18. Some of them are currently outside of Georgia, while others were previously arrested on other criminal charges. Four defendants have avoided arrest because they are cooperating with the investigation.

Former State Security Service (SGB) head Liluashvili was detained on December 3. He has been charged with several counts, one of which is related to call centers. According to the prosecutor's office, Liluashvili received more than $1.3 million in bribes through this scheme. His case has been separated into separate proceedings.

All defendants face sentences ranging from 9 to 12 years in prison on charges of fraud and money laundering. The next hearing on the case is scheduled for early April, the publication clarified.

Translated automatically via Google translate from https://www.kavkaz-uzel.eu/articles/420962

Know more? Do not be silent!
Send a message, photo or video to the "Caucasian Knot" via messengers
Photos and videos for publication must be sent via Telegram, using the «File» option, or via WhatsApp - using the «Document» option. The buttons work if Telegram and WhatsApp are installed. The contact number for Telegram and WhatsApp is +49 1577 2317856.
LEGAL TEXTS
The illustration was created by the Caucasian Knot using AI The peace agreement between Armenia and Azerbaijan, as well as other documents signed at the meeting with Trump on August 8, 2025

The “Caucasian Knot" publishes the agreement on the establishment of peace and interstate relations between Azerbaijan and Armenia, which was initialed by Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev on August 8, 2025, through the mediation of US President Donald Trump. The meeting of Trump, Aliyev and Pashinyan took place on August 8 in Washington. Following the meeting, Pashinyan and Aliyev also signed a joint declaration. In addition to the agreements between Armenia and Azerbaijan, Trump signed a number of separate memoranda with Aliyev and Pashinyan....

Personalities
Zelimkhan Khangoshvili. Photo courtesy of press service of HRC 'Memorial', http://memohrc.org/ Zelimkhan Khangoshvili

A participant of the second Chechen military campaign, one of the field commanders close to Shamil Basaev and Aslan Maskhadov. Shot dead in Berlin in 2019.

Magomed Daudov. Photo: screenshot of the video http://video.agaclip.com/w=atDtPvLYH9o Magomed Daudov

Magomed "Lord" Daudov is a former Chechen militant who was awarded the title of "Hero of Russia", the chairman of the Chechen parliament under Ramzan Kadyrov.

Tumso Abdurakhmanov. Screenshot from video posted by Abu-Saddam Shishani [LIVE] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIR3s7AB0Uw Tumso Abdurakhmanov

Tumso Abdurakhmanov is a blogger from Chechnya. After a conflict with Ramzan Kadyrov's relative, he left the republic and went first to Georgia, and then to Poland, where he is trying to get political asylum.